Parents/caregivers who are willing to support the religious principles, faith and practice of the Catholic school are eligible to enrol their children in the Systemic Schools of the Diocese of Broken Bay.
The community of St John Fisher Catholic School, Tumbi Umbi welcomes your application for enrolment for your child.
The procedure for enrolment application is:-
- Obtain Enrolment Package from the school.
- Complete and return Enrolment Form, Student Enrolment Information Form, Statement of Faith Form, Parish Census Form as well as appropriate certificates.
- It is not compulsory to have an interview with the Parish Priest but you are welcome to do this. If you request an interview please ring the Parish on 4352 1011.
- Parents new to the school will have a 20 minute interview with the Principal or Assistant Principal. It is preferable that both parents (if applicable) attend.
- Processing the application will be done by the enrolment committee, followed by the mailing of notification letters to the parents. For Kindergarten families we aim to have this processed by early August. Please be aware that there may be a need for the committee or the Parish Priest to request another interview with parents.
- Acceptance of Enrolment Form to be returned to the school together with the $50.00 per child non-refundable Enrolment Administration Fee.
- Enrolment Forms for Kindergarten need to be returned no later than Friday 1st June.
Each enrolment is processed by the Enrolment Committee. The Committee bases its decision on the Enrolment Policy for Diocesan Schools written by Bishop David Walker. This application for enrolment does not guarantee official admission.
Parents must provide the school with personal information at the time of enrolment. The Standard Collection Notice provides information about these requirements.
Essential requirements to be attached to this application for enrolment and forwarded to the school without delay are:
- Enrolment Form
- Student Enrolment Information
- Copy of Birth Certificate (original must be sighted)
- Copy of Baptism Certificate
- Copy of Immunisation Certificate
- Medical or Specialist Reports (if applicable)
For classes other than Kindergarten please also include School Reports
Kindergarten pupils will be expected to have the Immunisation Certificate when school commences if the Immunisations are not yet complete. Children cannot be accepted into Kindergarten without full immunisation or will need to present a letter of exemption to the Principal.
Annual Events for Kindergarten Enrolments
Please be aware that May is the month of enrolment for Kindergarten students beginning school the following year. Enrolment forms must be returned by the last day of May to be processed.
Early in May senior students will host a tour of the school for our young visitors and their parents.
Kindergarten Parent Information Night
Kindergarten Parent Information Night will be held early in May to outline various aspects of life at St John Fisher for prospective families.
The dates for these events will be published in the local newspapers, advertised at local preschools and available on the website during April.